Beacon International Festival
August 8 - August 19, 2018
Trianon Theater, 72 N. 5th Street, San Jose, CA 95112
The Beacon International Festival (SJIF) is a collaborative effort between the Arts
Council San Jose, Beacon Artist Association and United Association of American
The mission of the Festival is to promote the variety of artistic expression, and to
celebrate creativity. The festival will create a nurturing environment that encourages
the unique, innate creative nature of everyone. The objective of the Festival is to bring
together talented musicians, dancers, artists, technicians, photographers, students and
educators from various cultures for a meaningful exchange of ideas. Festival events
include competitions for piano, vocal, instruments, dance, photography and fine arts.
Exhibitions, performance showcases and master classes will be provided during festival
A, San Jose International World Music Competition and Showcase
B, San Jose International Keyboard Competitions and Showcase
C, Silicon Valley International Youth Talent Showcase
D, Advanced Training Program
Festival includes Daily Master Classes, Lectures, Private Lessons.
E, Artistic Tour:
- Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall: the home of the famous San Francisco
Symphony, which has a capacity of 2743 and is home to the Ruffatti Organ – the
largest Concert Hall organ in North America.
- San Francisco Opera Center: gives the opportunity to the highest caliber of
international singers assembled in a resident artist program.
- San Francisco Ballet: as America’s oldest professional ballet company now presents
more than 100 performances annually, locally and internationally.
- Palace of Fine Art: the most peaceful, beautiful, and romantic monumental structure
unites Roman and Greek architecture.
- Universal Studio and Hollywood Bowl: where the ultimate musical amphitheater is.
- Disneyland and the Walt Disney Concert Hall: where the magic and the most
acoustically sophisticated concert hall is in the world.
It is the sincere hope of the Festival Committee that our festivals will provide all
participants a unique opportunity to enrich and further their professional training and